Saturday 26 April 2008

Dr Martyn Lloyd-Jones on Angels

"I fear that we neglect the ministry of angels; we do not think sufficiently about it. But whether we realise it or not, there are angels who are looking after us; they are round and about us. We do not see them, but that does not matter. We do not see the most important things; we only see the things that are visible. But we are surrounded by angels and they are appointed to look after us and to minister to us - guardian angels.

I do not pretend to understand it all; I know no more than the Bible tells me - but I do know this, that His servants, the angels are my servants. They are surrounding us all, they are looking after us and they are manipulating things for us in a way we cannot understand".

Dr Martyn Lloyd-Jones - "Ephesians: Life in the Spirit (Ephesians 4:18-6:9) - Banner of Truth Trust, Edinburgh (1980) - (pp205-206).

No comments: