Friday 1 February 2008

John Piper on D A Carson

"I go out of my way to listen to Don Carson any chance I get so one reason (it's not the decisive reason) is that he is an amazing person. He is a scholar of the first rank. He is a pastoral scholar with a love for the Church. He is an evangelist who does what he calls "missions" at universities where he is arguing for the cause of Christ and leading people out of their unbelief. He is reformed and loves the sovereignity of God and the doctrines of grace. He is a family man and - although I don't have a lot of personal experience of this - he can do just about anything evidently!

He can build things with his hands so I admire men like that. There aren't many of them around. He is clear and he is articulate. He says things and you understand when he says them. But the decisive thing for the conference was that he lost his dad too. His dad ran a church in Canada and I knew he wanted to publish a book about his dad just like I want to write something about my dad".

John Piper - "Why Did You Invite Don Carson?" - 2008 Pastors Conference - Desiring God website - downloaded 1st February 2008.

1 comment:

Nick said...

Tata Jobs, Employment in Michigan | Indeed.com. 57 Tata Jobs available in Michigan on Indeed.com. one search. all jobs. Shelby Township Michigan Cna Jobs. cna Jobs shelby township michigan at Jobs.net.. Shelby Township, Michigan Cna Jobs. Looking for Cna Jobs in Shelby Township, Michigan?